www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Friday 9 October 2009

Beth Macdonald Interior Design: Bermuda Photographers

I have known Beth for about ten years and it has been wonderful to see her business flourish. I have had the pleasure of photographing several of her beautifully designed interiors over the years, they were elegant and timeless with a touch of whimsy - just divine! I visited her office and home last week and was like being a kid in a candy store. The tile samples were gorgeous and the fabric samples were all so beautiful - I would find it almost impossible to choose. We took a few photos of her son Oliver's room - it was lovely and simple - not over designed, but with a few elements carried throughout. Stars - on the Serena & Lily bedding, above several framed pictures, on the pins holding up finger paintings and on the airplane hanging in the window. But they are subtle and nothing dominates the room.

I shot this photo of Oliver's tummy when he was just a few weeks old...


Beth loves adding colour and pattern to a room with area carpets, like this one from Dash and Albert. She says this particular line is wonderful as they have a broad range of designs at a great price.

These candle shades by Kaarskoker are a fun and inexpensive way to revive a chandelier.

Beth understands that every client is different and as such creates environments that are tailored to their individual needs, tastes and lifestyles.

I have dined at her house many times and each time I am drawn to this painting. Art is such a wonderful way to add character to a room. I move my artwork quite frequently, it is incredible how different a piece can seem when surrounded by different furniture and viewed in different light.

Beth recommends linen fabric as she feels it is casual yet sophisticated and perfect for Bermuda's climate and architecture.
She has some other projects she wants me to shoot in a few weeks - I am excited to see what she has done... I just love all the beautiful details... but in the meantime, have a look at her website to see more of her designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...