www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Monday 21 February 2011

The Tomato Tart

I am not a very good cook... Actually I take that back. It is not that I don't cook well, it is more that I don't like to cook. I make a mean wild mushroom risotto, an array of incredible soups, and the most heavenly pecan caramel cheesecake. But that is my entire repertoire... until now...
I had a friend here for lunch the other day and we found an old Gourmet magazine with the recipe for a tomato tart. It seemed simple enough so we decided to give it a go. And presto, caremelised onions on the bottom, then shredded gruyere and topped with a mixture of plum, yellow and purple tomatoes, and Kalamata olives. It was delicious, and so I am thrilled to have a new addition in my tiny culinary collection.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be sorry you posted this as I shall remember for next winter. As for the caramel cheesecake, now that sounds fabulous!!!!

    Alexia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...