www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Monday 11 June 2012

Scarlet Sunflowers

A few more of the flowers that are growing in my garden. These plants are truly amazing - the stalks are seven feet tall and at the top are eight or so of these blood red blooms. The butterflies and the bees love them... and I do too...







I planted some milkweed which is the sole food of Monarch butterflies. I saw the caterpillars devour the plant until there was not a single leaf remaining, but I could not find where they went to metamorphose. But yesterday I found these in the tree above the milkweed plant - the leaves of which are round so they were completely camouflaged. But next time I will know where to look...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...