www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Monday 20 December 2010

Fire and Ice

I was up in Vermont last week staying at a magical farm. I have been there five times before and every time I love it more. It has a gorgeous red barn, and at the bottom of the front lawn is a little pond. And my favourite part is the beautiful wood burning stove. I really feel the cold so spend most of my time there within a few feet of the fire. It does burn wood pretty quickly so Tim had to open the little door pretty often to put on new logs. And almost every time there I was ready to shoot more of the amazing embers and flames...




A couple years ago I was recruited to help paint the barn windows. Clearly it needs to be done again, but with the unbearably frigid, below zero temperatures, that was not happening this trip...











With little to do, one feasts morning, noon and night. Tim is an amazing cook and this was the beginning of a divine wild mushroom risotto.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...