www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Saturday 25 January 2014

The Bermuda Festival: Ballet Black

This is the 39th year of The Bermuda Festival of The Performing Arts. Each year, they bring a wonderful collection of incredibly talented people to the island to perform. This year is no exception. I went to Pentatonix last week which was absolutely amazing! And tonight I am going to see Ballet Black. Here are a few photos from their rehearsal yesterday.
An important part of the festival is their schedule of outreach programmes. School students are invited to come and learn about the performers. They watch them in action, hear about how they started and see how dedicated they are to their craft. Today Ballet Black are hosting a master class with 37 lucky young dancers from various dance schools around the island. And I too will participate - if only for a while. I can't imagine I will be strong enough to endure the whole 90 minute class. But I am so excited to participate. And I'll take a few photos too...
There are still a few tickets left for tonight's 8:00pm performance and for Sunday's 2:30pm matinee - here are all the details...
http://www.bermudafestival.org/how-to-buy-tickets.asp





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...