www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Wednesday 22 April 2009

Back to Bermuda!

So... I am moving back to Bermuda in two weeks!
It has been an amazing ten months here - I have felt so inspired shooting in such different light and dramatic seasons. And made the most of London's museums, galleries and theater. From the National Ballet of China performing Swan Lake at the Royal Opera House to the Pimlico Opera Company performing West Side Story at the Wandsworth Prison. The Tate, the Barbican, the National Gallery, The British Museum. It has all been just wonderful and I have learned so much.
And I was not as busy shooting as I have been over the last decade in Bermuda which enabled me to spend time looking at the work of other photographers for inspiration and resources. I feel revived, have a renewed passion for my art and am looking forward to shooting in Bermuda again.
Here are some of my favourite photographs from my time in London...

July 08 - The Mills Family were adorable... though Cece was a little unsure of the bubbles.



October 08 - The Baines family session was amazing! The autumnal foliage was glorious and they were all so happy and cuddly.






The squirrels are everywhere and they are saucy little critters and come right up to one in search of a peanut or morsel of bread...
April 09 Richmond Park There are hundreds of deer wandering through the park. They are just lovely and keep a watchful eye but did not seem phased though I came quite close...

Claire and I spent the afternoon wandering through the Park. There were so many beautiful spots and I love the drama of the bare trees.



November 08 The Stern family in Holland Park. This shoot was wonderful and little Alex was such a dreamy baby!



September 08 The Royce Family - Sam was hysterical - such an expressive little face... and an early interest in music...

April 08 Raj and Mia in Holland Park. It had snowed two days earlier and was still very chilly, but Mia did not seem to mind. Raj did completely bundle her up from time to time though...



March and April 08 Alana is a friend who was gracious enough to let me shoot her... twice...
I am a huge fan of brick! In my tiny mews alone there are seven different shades and hues. And the wall just outside my door was perfect with Alana's colouring.



The daffodils and cherry blossoms in Hyde Park were just divine...


October 08 I spent a weekend in the Cotswolds and nearly skewered myself on this gate. Thankfully it was cold and I was wearing two sweaters and a winter coat. Despite that protection, I had a huge purple and green bruise for almost two weeks. I love the combination here of the US flag inside the shop and the UK flags across the street.

Hearts are my thing - I see them everywhere and have hundreds of shots of them. From leaves, or shadows to blobs of gum, peeled paint and rocks.

March 08 Marble Arch and the Albert Memorial

Hyde Park March 08 The trees are enormous and create beautiful silhouettes in the late afternoon sky.

Big Ben from the steps of the National Gallery and sunset in Leicester Square

The weather is beautiful now, so I plan to do a lot more shooting in the next couple weeks so will have more to post soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...