www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Monday 27 April 2009

In Motion

I have known Lizz for about 30 years - we used to dance together at the Jackson School of Dance. We both took every class we could and spent all our time at the studio. A few years ago, Dale Butler gathered a group of local photographers together with a view to publishing a book on Dance in Bermuda. Each photographer chose which schools/groups we would shoot. I chose In Motion and spent 3 weeks photographing their rehearsals and performances. It was such a joy to be back at City Hall and total déja vu. Watching the tenderness, camaraderie and nonsense among the girls brought back so many great memories. Later that year I asked Lizz if I could join in a class from time to time. I had not danced in 17 years as I had injured my knees and back, but thought if I was gentle that it would be fun. Well - so yummy! And soon I was taking class 2-3 times a week - followed most nights by a long hot bath. I have now shot their showcase three years in a row and taken headshots for most of the teachers. I will be back in Bermuda just in time and am looking forward to seeing what her amazing teachers and students have in store!
From May 8th to the 16th, the dancers at the In Motion School of Dance will showcase what they have learned for parents and friends at the 12th Annual In Motion Dance Showcase. This year's Showcase, "Dance Radio!" under the direction of Lizz Pimentel will be a whimsical journey across the airwaves featuring cameos from some of Bermuda's top radio personalities.
Through participation in the Showcase, dancers learn cooperation, stage presence and the projection of their individual personalities in a fun and safe environment. The performance features both boys and girls from as young as 18 months old.
Tickets are available at www.bermudatix.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...