www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Monday 6 April 2009

Shelly Hamill : Bermuda Photographer

I have known Shelly for about fifteen years and we have worked on so many different projects together. From weddings to events and more recently, fine art. We had an exhibition at the Kaleidoscope Art Foundation together with Gabriela Brunner in 2007 where she first exhibited her mosaic statues. I think they are absolutely beautiful and I marvel at her patience. They were interesting to shoot - they weigh a ton and each time I'd ask her to move them, the look on her face was priceless!
Her latest solo show is next week - so you must go and have a look...
"I am so thrilled and excited to be having a solo show with Masterworks as part of their Artist in the Garden Series. The Rick Faries Gallery is beautiful and I am looking forward to seeing my work displayed there. Mosaics are a labor of love, gathering the materials, piecing them together over time to create a whole new image or sculpture. I hope my work will be well received and that a new audience will learn to love the ancient art of mosaics." Shelly Hamill


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...