www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Wednesday 9 September 2009

The Douglas Family

Sarah, Tom and Neil were staying with their cousins The Davidsons, whom I had been living with since my return to Bermuda in May. I had not seen them since their last visit two years ago, and it was amazing to see how much they have grown. On their last day in Bermuda we spent a couple hours together in the garden.

The mangos were just ripening, so it was mango this and that for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This tree, the larger of the two is just beautiful and I love the markings on the fruit left by the seeping sap.


I don't normally like to shoot before 5pm in the summer, but with them leaving that afternoon, we had no choice. These were all taken at midday - usually a total photo no-no, but in the shade the bounced light was just divine and Tom was very patient following me from path to path to find the best spot.


Then shooting Neil was much easier as we had scoped out all the best places...



Sarah borrowed my pink frock - very fetching I think - and perfect for her - though sadly a little small for me at the moment... The garden has so many beautiful flowers, so we picked a few...




And after what must have seemed an eternity to them, they went for a swim, happy the photos were finished - but alas, I was not done... they were just such wonderful, cooperative subjects...





Thank you all for such an amazing shoot...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...