www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Design for Living

"After 12 years in the interior design business in Bermuda I felt the time was right to take a leap of faith and start my own company. Designs For Living is a boutique design business specializing in residential projects. My passion is creating spaces that mix comfort with sophistication, charm & elegance."
Thank you Kim for inviting me into this beautiful space, I love what you have done...
"I enjoy enhancing the relaxation and calmness of a room – it is important for me that people feel warmth and comfort in their own home. A home should be inviting yet functional. Mixing textures, colors and styles is the core of contemporary design. 
I felt that branching out on my own not only gives me the ability to continue designing but it also gives me the flexibility to be wholly involved with other aspects of my life which are so important to me – my family foremost and my love of travel. So much inspiration can be gained through traveling – experiencing the changing attitudes and tastes that different cultures can give you.

When I decorated my home I enjoyed starting with a neutral palate for the large items and then used pillows, fabrics, trims, paint and accessories for pops of color. The walls are filled with mainly photographs of family and friends or artwork which my daughters have painted. The dining room “chandelier” was created by hanging a piece of driftwood found at Coopers Island from the ceiling and hanging glass votive holders from it as there was no electrical point for a conventional chandelier. Our home is forever evolving – when I find something I fall in love with that needs to come home – I find a space and this may or may start a snowball of changes – design should be all about embracing change."



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...