www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Wednesday 29 April 2009

I love Paris in the Springtime III

A few more from my weekend in Paris - This shot is from the Chimera Gallery of the Notre Dame Cathedral that is 46 metres above the ground. The name comes from the statues on the corners of the balustrade that were designed by Viollet-le-Duc in the 19th century. They are all different and a wonderful mixture of hybrid beasts, fantastical birds and mythical monsters.

And this is the one from my 2004 visit. In both is is hard to see the Eiffel Tower, but the curve of the tower is identical to that of the front creature's ear.

Victor Hugo's novel 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' was first published in 1831. Being there I could just picture little Quasimodo trolling the narrow balcony and winding stairs...


Below is the shot from 2004 - in November there were hardly any people at the top with me - it was a drizzly day. But this time there were so many people - I had to frame it higher so miss the Paris skyline. I guess everyone loves Paris in the springtime...



This Cupid is still on a table outside the bookshop at the gate of the Jardin des Tuileries. In 2004 there were pumpkins and gourds instead of blue flowers...


We spent four hours walking from our hotel to the Eiffel Tower, another two there climbing over 600 steps then a tiny, scary elevator to the top. But the view was just breath taking...

Nikki, Alex and I were quite the trio shooting like mad - and a good advertisement for Nikon with a D200, a D300 and a D700. I have not seen their shots yet, but it will be interesting to see the three perspectives of Paris...


Click here to see Paris I and Paris II...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...