www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Friday 10 April 2009

Off to Paris

So I am going to Paris tomorrow - Yeah! I have not been since 2004 and am oh so excited! A few days before my last trip I ran into a friend. I said I was going to Paris to take photos - "Why?" he said, "Every possible photograph of Paris has already been taken!" I was crushed and so mad that he had rained on my parade. But while there I thought about what he had said and every time I pressed that shutter I endeavored to capture something different. So rather than the same old, same old Eiffel Tower or Arc de Triomph, I included temporary elements - a violinist on the steps of Sacre Coeur, the mad bearded painter at Montmartre or at Notre Dame - the 60 foot wooden cross that was being constructed. Which had been taken down when I went back the following day. So his negative remark has stayed with me and when I travel I strive to do things differently. So let's see what I can come up with this weekend... Though having said all that - I am really going this time to relax - to sit in cafés, devour crepes and spend time with my friend Nikki...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...