www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Monday 3 August 2015

Natalie and Gene's Bermuda Wedding

There have been many rainy mornings this year where I begged Mother Nature to do her magic and clear the skies in time for that afternoon's wedding. And sure enough, by the time the bride walked down the aisle the sun was shining. This time however, she let me down... or did she?
It rained, and rained, and rained... I drove to Natalie's mother's house in the rain, walked carefully up the slippery steps, took a deep breath and prepared myself for Plan B. Inside, there was laughter and giddy little girls everywhere, all over the moon to be a part of this wonderful wedding. The day was challenging for me as I struggled with space, the heat, time and lack of light. But it forced me to be creative. I knew I would not be able to create the soft, sunny, dreamy images I love, so I chose to embrace the dramatic light and strong contrast. 
I have known Natalie for most of my life, she is strong, and beautiful and I am so happy that she has found Gene and that they have both found true love. They make each other so happy and when they are together they can not stop smiling. So nothing could possibly have ruined their perfect day. And as it turns out I love these photographs, and I think they are as beautiful as any I have created on sunny days. So I am grateful to Mother Nature for pushing me to capture Natalie and Gene's special wedding in a special way. I wish you both eternal happiness!!!









































































































2 comments:

  1. Amanda, i cannot believe what an amazingly beautiful job you did... Really the most beautiful wedding pictures i have ever seen which so perfectly captured the joy and happiness of those two amazing/wonderful people. I know you had the most handsome /beautiful wedding party every but these are out of this world... Well done!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amanda .... I echo Sarah's comments but I can believe it b/c you have such a special personality which, along with your talent and your heart, is what makes your photographs so incredibly special! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this set of photos of Nat and Gene's wedding ... and I am so thrilled that you posted them and grateful that they were ok with you sharing them for those of us that know and love her and were not there .... now I know it was a great an event as she deserved! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...