www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Sunday 29 March 2009

Let there be Light... : Bermuda Photographer

In the last few months I have been doing an enormous amount of searching for inspiration. I visit every London museum and gallery I can and have spent countless hours on the computer looking at the blogs and websites of other photographers. There are some really incredible images out there and some truly talented people.
I happened upon one of those talented people last week. Her name is
Kelly Moore and she is a photographer in Louisiana. So... on her blog today she posted some images using the sun, saying that she used to avoid it's light and preferred shooting in the shade or on cloudy days. She has created a little contest asking other photographers to post their sunny images and in a couple weeks she'll post her favorite. As I am not in the US, I would not have much use for the prize - but it sparked an interest to participate anyway. So I went through my photographs from the last eight months to have a look. There was a lot of sun. In Bermuda it is hard to avoid - it is so harsh though that I rarely use it directly; even in the shade, it creeps through or bounces off something. But here are a few of my favourites - they are mostly shot late in the day when it is golden and just yummy...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...