www.amandatemple.com • 441 236 2339 • amandatemplebermuda@gmail.com

Tuesday 24 March 2009

Window Shopping: Bermuda Photographer

This image is one of my absolute favourites. It was taken in Venice in 2006. It amazed me how they were so engrossed that they never noticed me. I love that there is so much going on and one is not sure what is inside and what is reflected behind me.
On wandering through London last week, I came across a very similar shot... it is below.

These two however did notice me - but I gestured that I was shooting the building behind me - so they ignored me and continued with their coffee. I love that the woman on the right also has her hand pensively on her face.

I have travelled a lot on my own, so shooting my reflection became a way of becoming part of the photographs of the place I was visiting without asking a stranger to take one of me - and being horrified by the results. I also find the multiple layers wonderful. In all of these shots I tried to include a London bus or taxi. I did not need to be patient...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...